2019 Calendar of events
- Winter Collective Retreat (Members only) – February 23rd
- Spring Solstice Doula Graduation – March 19th
- Summer Doula Training – June 6th-9th
- New and Active Doula Orientation – June 18th
- Summer 2-day Overnight Collective Retreat (Members only) – October TBD
- Winter period of rest– The Collective takes December and January off from organizing and administrative responsibilities. We still take some births and attend Santa Rita Jail when possible.
MONTHly Doula circle
Held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month, this circle is about holding space for doulas to process their journey of being a birth worker, and to process any births support. You do not need to have attended a birth to come to the circle! It is also a time for interested new members to meet our doulas and become orientated with our structure. It is open to RLBC doulas, recently RLBC trained doulas, and people seeking information about joining RLBC. Meeting agenda and logistics can be found in the RLBC calendar invite (members only). If you need the logistical details, email email@example.com.
Doula's unite! Meeting
Held quarterly on an as needed basis, this meeting is for all active RLBC doulas who are taking births with RLBC. It is for disseminating procedural and internal doula logistics. RLBC members only.
Open roots meeting
Held on either the first Monday or Tuesday of the month, the ROOTS open up their weekly meeting to the greater collective. The open ROOTS meeting is a place for the core ROOTS team to discuss the the day-in-day-out logistics of operating the collective. These meetings are open to all RLBC member, however the agendas are set and these are working meetings for the ROOTS team. When possible, the meetings are recorded and available.
Follow us on social media for the most up to date announcements of community events!