On the 1st Tuesday of the month, we’ll continue to have a free flowing open forum formed by the folks who come and what’s needed in the space. This has sometimes looked like: debriefing recent experiences; sharing birth stories, tips, advice or feedback; connecting for backups, referrals or mentoring and more.
On the 3rd Tuesday of the month, we’ll have a topic to guide the conversation. We’ll still make space for what’s needed/wanted by the folks who attend, so join us to share your experiences and connect with community. If you have a topic you’d like to suggest, please let us know in the comments.
On the 5th Tuesday of the month, we’ll have a guest speaker talking about a particular aspect of community birthwork. If you have a speaker or topic you’d like to see highlighted, please let us know in the comments.
We’ll keep the website updated with details for the month ahead and make sure to let you know what’s coming up in email reminders as well. You can sign up here to get those. Additionally, you can come back here to the blog following Doula Circle to see any resources that were shared!
So... last night was the 1st Tuesday of March so we had an open forum and the discussion was varied and rich. Thank you to everyone who came through and all the contributions folks made to the conversation.
- family expectations and how they can impact pregnant and postpartum experiences.
- How challenging it can be when folks expect you to hold space for them always and in all ways
- The importance of setting and holding loving boundaries to support ourselves
- How it’s okay to say no when we need/want to
- Remembering that we are each at different stages of our healing journeys and meeting people where they are is important for our own as well as their wellbeing. Folks can’t be dragged through a healing journey. They need to travel through their own path.
- How good naps are! Lol. The Nap Ministry is a great source of encouragement to rest.
The Nap Ministry
The Yoni Day Spa